Praying for Kate

Sometimes you enter into a blog that leads you to another and another. Well Saturday night I ran into the Layla Grace Foundation which is in memory of Layla who lost her battle to cancer in march of 2010.

DSC_3319

Reading her story touched my heart and all I could do was pray for the family, that God would continue to strengthen them in the years to come. I read her mother's entries until I could read no more because my hurt felt heavy for their loss and the struggle of dealing with this cancer.
 
(photo courtesy of www.prayforkate.com)

Today I was "blogging" around and I ran into another blog concerning a child with cancer, Pray for Kate. Kate is a beautiful 5 year old that was diagnosed with a very malignant, aggressive brain tumor called a supratentorial primitive neuroectodermal tumor.


"We know many of you have been faithful in praying for our family. And we need those prayers to continue, to intensify. We are at a critical point. Our hearts need encouragement. Our hearts are truly burdened. And yet, with each set back, each unknown, we only realize more clearly that Jesus is the only one that can carry our burdens that can understand the depth of the pain."
Words from Holly (Kate's mom) off of her journal entry on 9/27/2010

Read her story and remember to pray for Kate and her family and if you can, make a donation towards her foundation.
Appreciate life, your family, your friends, your blessings...

life is so unpredictable.



No comments