Joy to the World.

I am back into the craft world...feels good! lol. I miss doing this stuff, but with so many photo sessions, I don't have that extra time to make a mess in glitter and glue all the time. Last week I was surfing the blog world and ran into this idea, so I can't take all the credit for this oh-so-cute holiday magnet!

The paper mache letters are $1.77 at Hobby Lobby, since I wanted to make a pair and didn't want to pay $10 just in letters, so I bought the foam paper to trace over. One large foam paper can make up to 4-5 letters. One scrapbook paper can make 3 letters.

Martha Stewart glitter pack $3.99 - 40% off with
(one bottle made 3 letters, so the whole pack can make 9)


Paper Project
Foam Paper
Scrapbook paper
Magnet Strip
Glue
Pen/Scissors


IMG_6060

Let's start with the paper one.

I decided to trace the paper mache letters on some cool Christmas scrapbook paper.

IMG_6082

Make sure you turn the letters opposite because then you'll end up with a backwards letter like I did. LOL!

IMG_6083

Also trace on the foam paper and cut both to get a 2 sets of the word "Joy"
Now just Glue the paper to the foam paper (simple right?)

IMG_6087

Cut the magnet strip and place were you feel it will be needed.

IMG_6090

Add a heavy object so both magnet and glue can dry flat.

IMG_6091

Glitter Project
Paper Mache Letters
Spray Glue
Glitter
Magnet Strip

IMG_6108

I started with the Mod Pod but I noticed that the glitter was clumpy so I did away with that and took out my handy dandy spray glue instead.

IMG_6066

Be careful with spray glue, it can get everywhere. Spray a sections at a time and sprinkle the glitter over.

IMG_6111

Add the magnet strips and decorate your fridge now!


IMG_6118

IMG_6114

IMG_6105

IMG_6120

I'm kinda between holidays right now...not ready to take down
the fall decor..but SO ready to bring out the christmas decorations!
IMG_6124

3 comments

Aiko said...

How cute and simple! I've been looking for a simple craft do with my nephews this week, I think this would be perfect!

Adrienne Garcia said...

Thanks, It's a perfect project for the little ones, you can add other object besides glitter, like snowflake stickers!

Anonymous said...

yes what a great idea i think my daughter will defintely enjoy this..i dont know how u log in to leave a comment....becky h