Christmas, come back!

Merry (belated) Christmas Everyone!

 I guess its true what they say, as you get older you learn to appreciate things differently. I appreciate Christmas more when I have my family around to share it with...without them, Christmas wouldn't be the same. I also love that we can have both my husband's family and mine under one roof on Christmas Day!

Where do I begin?

For Christmas Eve, it has become a tradition to spend it with my In-Laws. We have a nice dinner, play some games, have plenty of laughs and wait until after mid night to open our gifts. Dinner is always delicious, tamales, mini chimis, mini tacos, chips with salsa and LOTS of desserts!

(I don't have lots of pictures to share because I forgot to take some during dinner! err!)

Picnik collage

Christmas morning, my family came over to our home for a wonderful breakfast that my Mom and I put together. We all sat around the living room and opened gifts one by one, awing and smiling once the gift was opened! Having Mikey around was handy because he would volunteer to open just about any gifts "I open" or "I help!" LOL! I got lots special gifts from Lawrence that I am completely in LOVE with but one (Sony Cyber-Shot) I love even more because I asked for it randomly while shopping at Sam's Club and he was (actually) paying attention! Thanks Babe!

Picnik collage

Picnik collage

(yup, Chris got a haircut! In case your wondering why he looks different!)

Picnik collage

Every year Auntie and Uncle (Ruth Ann and Paul) host a very nice Christmas Dinner at their home. They invite cousins, aunts, uncles and friends to share this special day with them.
 Yup, its a full house!

Picnik collage

Picnik collage

Christmas was extended by one day for the Hernandez Family! (The Hernandez are my mom's side of the family) I personally like this extensions...LOL...more food and GIFTS! We all met at my Mom's house for brunch and did a gift exchange too! We had a very special Cousin-In-Law in from the Mississippi Air force Base, Humberto. Next year my cousin Vanessa and her baby, Yvianna (better known as Evie) will be relocating with Humberto for the first time to Georgia, where he will be stationed. This was considered their last Christmas in Arizona, since we're not sure if they'll be able to travel back next year. (sad face) Mikey will miss is buddy!

Picnik collage

Picnik collage

I hope your holiday weekend was very special and memorable!




No comments