Back to reality!

Hello Everyone, I'm finally back! I am not feeling 100% myself yet but felt good enough to make it to work today. Thanks to those who called/texts me with your get well wishes, I really appreciate your thoughtfulness!!!

On a side note, I want to congratulate Olivia & Jordan on their new baby boy, Brenton! He is such an adorable baby! 
Welcome to the world, we've been waiting to meet you!

This week I did manage through all the sneezing to work on a project inspired by the brand Making Memories new line: Bravissimo! According to their website these are called "Rosettes" and are very easy to make. If you don't want to make them you can also find them ready made at Michael's Craft Store!


Enjoy the tutorial.



Cut 2 strips of paper for each layer. (2 layers is 4 strips)
Bottom layer - 3inches Top Layer - 2 inches

tape ends to connect the 2 strips and fold like an accordion!

Once your done folding, tape/glue two ends together to create a circle.
slowly press the circle down

Keep pressing...

and hold it down with a can.


Repeat the same steps for the second layer of paper.





Outline 2 circle that will fit the size of each layer. These cans were the perfect size so that's what I traced.

Smother it with glue to make sure the paper has enough to hold on to.
Now just put the paper standing up like we did in the beginning and press it down towards the felt material to hold those layers together.


Put the can back on top to help hold it down and dry. Do the same with the second layer.


Cut 4 or 5 10 inch ribbon strips, another circle felt material and anything to cover the top. I just punched out a flower using the paper from the bottom layer. If you don't have a punch just cut out a small circle.


Glue the ends on the ribbon to the middle.

Start forming a "star" by gluing each ribbon onto the felt material.


It should look something like this!



Now I glued on the paper punch to cover the center of the ribbon where I glued.

Flip it over and add glue then place it on the second layer.


Now I just glued the first and second layer together by adding a bunch of glue!


And here is the final result! You can add ribbon to the back piece so it hangs right under to look more decorative!


I really didn't have a purpose for it because I just wanted to see if I could make it so this one became a magnet!




And that's how it's made!

1 comment

*Melissa Denice* said...

Those are so cute, your so creative!