Day 3

I feel great today! I think it's all a mental thing when you know your eating right that makes us feel even better, because I'm barely on day 3 and I'm thinking nothings really taken any physical effect. Today I am looking forward to eating right! On my way home I pass by McDonald's, Arby's and Jack in the Box...I usually have a few favorites I like to grab on the go but I didn't even think twice this week! 


My main purpose for trying this diet was to control my sugar levels and watch how the affects of natural foods keeps it low. Last year I was diagnosed with Pre-Diabetes and it has it's side affects that have, as of lately, started to bother me. For example, I get sleepy, like I have to go and take a nap or else I will not continue type of sleepy! I'm not sure if anyone else reading this can relate, if so I'd sure like to hear from you.

Q: What is prediabetes and how is it different from diabetes?A: prediabetes is the state that occurs when a person's blood glucose levels are higher than normal but not high enough for a diagnosis of diabetes. 

Q: How do I know if I have prediabetes?A: Doctors can use either the fasting plasma glucose test (FPG) or the oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) to detect prediabetes. Both require a person to fast overnight. In the FPG test, a person's blood glucose is measured first thing in the morning before eating. 

Q: Why do I need to know if I have prediabetes?A: If you have prediabetes, you can and should do something about it. Studies have shown that people with prediabetes can prevent or delay the development of type 2 diabetes by up to 58 percent through changes to their lifestyle that include modest weight loss and regular exercise


I added some new items to my menu that I bought at 
Fresh and Easy. The original cost of groceries was $24, with the new items I bought yesterday, the total cost is now $38!

1. Salted Popcorn (Lightly salted with Sea Salt)
2.Seriously Seedy Rice & Seed Corn Tortilla Chips
3. Peanut Butter
4. Grapes and Bananas

This peanut butter has nothing but PEANUTS in it...no folic acid, added syrups, salts or sugars. I learned that real peanut butter is actually creamy and very smooth.


Lunch:
Red Potatoes seasoned with Sea salt, cilantro and garlic powder.


Dinner: 
Whole wheat tortilla bean burrito with extra toppings



New favorite snack: Grapes dipped in Peanut Butter 
(It sounds like a weird mix, but for some reason it taste really good!!!)




No comments