Is it a Flauta or a Taquito?

Yesterday I had a random conversation with my friend on what is the difference between a Flauta and Taquito. In my house, we never grew up saying "Taquitos" or "Rolled Tacos" so I had no idea why people referred to Flautas as Taquitos. I decided to Google it and apparently the difference seems to be in the type of tortilla used and/or how narrow you roll the tortilla. Just so you know, Flautas, which mean "flutes," usually refer to a flour tortilla that is rolled up very narrow with added filling and deep fried.

Today I just wanted to share how I learned to make FLAUTAS.

(Heat up the tortilla, this helps prevent any cracks when you roll them.)

















Yummy!

4 comments

Mama, Mommy, Wah said...

Thank you. I am now very hungry. Looks delicous!

Adrienne said...

LOL, Glad you enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

If you put the tortillas in a plastic bag and microwave them saves you the trouble of heating tortillas..and they come out very soft and easy to roll and don't need to use a toothpick with it..Becky

Mary Frances said...

YUMMMMMMM!!!