Hunger Buster

A couple weeks ago my friend, Aiko, posted on her blog about juicing and all the benefits she had experienced because of it. I have been well aware of this for some time since I've always been into organic or natural alternatives. 
  
This sparked me up enough to find my juicer and start my own juicing journey again. I finally found it after almost 2 weeks of looking and opening random boxes in the garage, lol. I have no idea what brand it is because it's no where on the machine but it was a gift from my Mom and it works perfectly fine for me.

Juices are a great source of nutrients.
Nutrients from juices are easily absorbed by the body. 
They replace other drinks that can have negative effects on your health.
Juices help the immune system to fight diseases and heal.
Another benefit of juicing is that it helps to detoxify the body.   


I had done my research (one of my favorite things to do) and found several recipes that I could start off with. I decided my first juice would be, Hunger Buster!

  • 4 carrots
  • 3 sprigs of parsley
  • 1 small cucumber
  • 2 granny smith apples  


I know the color doesn't make it look appetizing but the flavor is great, the apples really dominate the flavor.  
 
Cost was under $4 and it makes up to 4 servings. That's basically four dinners if you decide to substitute a dinner for a juice.  

I had this juice around 6:00 p.m. thinking I could have it before dinner, but it was 8:00 p.m. and I still wasn't hungry, so I guess the "buster" really works. I'm not really sure what my intentions will be with this besides the nutritional benefits of it, but I'll keep you posted.

Linked up to:

The 36th AVENUE
The 36th AVENUE 


1 comment

Aiko said...

Awesome, sounds yummy! Glad you found your juicer! Still love juicing...now exploring new recipes to try. :-)