My Favorite!

Several years ago I was walking through Barnes and Noble looking for a book that would catch my attention. Up to that point I didn't have any interest in reading for "fun" but I had a strong desire to do so, kinda random but I just felt that it would be good for me. The most reading I had ever done was when I join the Baby-sitters Club back in third grade, after that I thought my calling had to be to start a club of my own. 

Needless to say, there was never a successful club, not that I didn't try. Fast forward to my walk through Barnes and Noble, I found a book that caught my total attention. You know that saying “Don't judge a book by its cover" and how growing up teacher's are always trying to instill that in us? Well I totally picked up "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult because of the cover. 


I fell in love with this book and finishes it in one week. I remember staying up really late just to finish the next chapter. From then on I was hooked to reading for what I call "fun" and since then I have bought many many of her books and read almost all of them. 

Last week my mom text me that Jodi Picoult was going to be in Mesa! I was so excited so I went online and found more information on the event. I knew I couldn't make it but they had a special deal, you could buy the book over the phone and they would have Jodi Picoult sign it for you!!!! I couldn't pass up that offer, so last week I got a special package in the mail. I gently ripped the packaging open, lo and behold there was the book!!!


This is Jodi's daughter's autograph, she wrote this book with her mom.

"Adrienne Enjoy, Jodi Picoult"

No comments