Wall Stencil

Wall Stencil can add a nice touch to a plain or empty wall. I made this stencil by cutting a shape on card-stock paper using my Silhouette Cameo machine. It was cheater then buying a stencil at the store.

Spray the back side with spray adhesive. You want to do this step lightly, because it has to have just enough for it to stick to the wall. Adding too much might leave residue it. (I hope that makes sense)

After that I grabbed a paper plate with paint and once again using a light technique I covered the sponge with paint. You don't want it to be soaked because that's when it bleeds through the paper, so it's okay if its more dry then wet. (BTW, I got the paint for FREE! Every once in a while ACE Hardware has a coupon for a free pint of paint.)

Using the sponge, I dabbed (no strokes) all along the inside of the stencil.

Allow it to air dry, unless your impatient like me, then you bust out with the blow-dryer! lol.

Once its dry, peel the paper aka Stencil for the top to the bottom....Slowly.




(My mom was helping me with this demo and I would say this was too much paint. 
So it's a bad example of what this step should look like. lol)









(You can see in the picture above that the paint did leak a little in a few spots,
 because the sponge was too heavy with paint.)




Before

After

I didn't like the way this wall turned out so I re-painted the wall and I am almost done re-stencilling it. 
I'll share the updated picture soon but you can see what a difference it can make.

No comments