Pasta E Fagioli Soup

My husband and I are huge fans of the soups served at Olive Garden and I've seen a few recipes for their soups but never tried them out. This week on found a recipe for the Pasta E Fagioli that seemed easy enough to try, so I gave it a shot. I can't find the link where I got the recipe from but as soon I as do find it I'll make sure to share the link!



Pasta E Fagioli Soup

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 small onion, finely diced
2 carrots, finely diced
2 stalks celery, finely diced
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can cannellini beans (or white kidney beans), drained and rinsed
1 (26 oz.) container beef stock (or 3 cups)
1 jar (25 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Salt, to taste (about ½ tbsp. kosher salt)
1 cup ditalini pasta (or your favorite pasta shape)

Cooks Directions:
Brown and crumble ground beef. Drain excess grease.
Add all the other ingredients to the slow cooker (except for pasta) and stir.
Set slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours
During the last 30 minutes or so of cooking, add in the pasta and stir.








Cook’s Notes: Pasta likes to absorb a lot of the liquid so if you like your soup a bit more soupy, be prepared to have an extra can of beef broth handy. You can add it in towards the end.

Adrienne's Notes:  I decided not to use a crock-pot for this recipe, because I wanted to eat it for dinner that night. I let it simmer for 45 mins, stirring occasionally. Cooked the pasta and poured it into the soup at the 45 min mark. I let it all soak up for another 10-15 mins  and that's it! I was able to serve 6 bowl of soup with a little bit of leftovers with this recipe.

1 comment

Frances Kendrick said...

Yummm!! Thanks for sharing!!!