Diet Summary

Today I wanted to give summary of what I've been doing, eating and results during the past 5 weeks. I will be the first to say it's not always easy, it's not always convenient and it does take a lot of SELF motivation to keep going. The body will go through a period of adjusting, but the outcome will be that much better for you.


Week 1 & 2

Food
My first goal was to start adding plenty of fruits, vegetables and fiber to my daily diet. The easiest way for me to do this was to make juice shakes and the easiest time was every morning. There wasn't a morning that I didn't leave the house without a shake in my hand. This has quickly become a morning routine for me. Most importantly, I didn't eat dinner past 7pm, the only thing I'll eat past that time is a snack after my workout.

Workout
Since I hadn't been working out all winter, I started a little slow with the exercising. I would go walking/jog 3 times a week in the first two weeks. The first week I probably walked 1.5-2 miles and the second week I did 2 miles straight. For me, that was good, I felt good and it helped me motivate my body to prepare for the following weeks.

 Results
I ended this week very happy because I saw a weight loss of 5 pounds!

Health Benefits
These two week I was fighting a sinus infection, but because of the vitamins I've been getting through the shakes and I also take other vitamins, the sinus infection went away on its own. I didn't have to go to the Dr. or get medication for it. Woo hoo!!!

 Week 3 & 4

Food
Still keeping up with my shakes, this week I added flax seed, ginger (didn't like it!) and parsley. On top of that I continued to eat a low calorie diet plan but became difficult to keep up with on the weekends with all the parties we had been attending. One weekend I had 1 baby shower & 2 birthday parties back to back so what I decided would work better for me is portion control. That way I still ate what the host provided. I also went to Sprouts and asked for a a natural supplement to help aid my weight loss and they recommended, Garcinia.  It was $12 and enough for 2 months if you take 2 a day.

Workout
Week three I introduced my body to a 45 min cardio workout....and I had to lay on the floor for 1 hour after that first real workout. I'm not kidding. I was so out of shape...I was laughing at myself because it was ridiculous how out of shape I was! In between my cardio workout days is bike day! Riding my bike is one of my favorite activities...not just for exercising but for fun so this didn't feel like a chore. That is until I decided to to set a goal on my fitness app to burn 150 calories in one ride which equals 4 miles. Then I really started feeling the burn! By week 4 my body was well adjusted to being more active that once I finished working out I could jump right into getting ready for the next day, versus laying on the floor for an hour.

Health Benefits 
I noticed that I didn't have my regular stomach issues that I get from living with Acid Reflux. I had started to have issues with this since I quit my Gluten Free diet several months ago and it got really bad again during Christmas/New Years. I knew I needed to do something about it again but I couldn't get enough motivation to go 100% Gluten Free again. I'm glad this diet has helped!!!

 Results
At the end of this week, I was a little bummed because I had gained back some of the weight I lost, but I was still under the weight I started. I thought it would be so easy and that I could lose weight quickly. I wasn't ready to quit but I felt like I must be doing something wrong. After chatting with my friend, I was reminded that I may not be losing weight, but gaining/building muscle which could explain the weight gain. Therefore I ended this week HAPPY!

Week 5

Food
This week I replaced my regular juice shakes with a new product called RAW FIT. My shake consist of 1 cup Almond Milk Light, 1 cup of coconut water, a hand full of fruits and a full scoop of the Raw Fit powder. I replaced two meals with this shake. My daily plan is shake (within 1 hour of waking up), snack, lunch, snack, dinner and snack (after my workout). We'll see how it goes! I'm cutting back on the prepackaged snacks that say "100 calories"on them. In the beginning they helped quench a craving but I don't really have as many cravings now in days.

Workout
 I'm still doing my cardio workout, focusing on different areas every other day. I love riding my bike and I'm still doing 4 miles but I plan to add an extra mile next week. My goal is to also start walking more, whether its a 10 min walk during my breaks at work or even parking further away from the store.

Health Benefits
I do feel like I have more energy where I'm not pushing myself to keep going during the day anymore. 

Results
No more weighing in! I want to focus on feeling healthy and getting in shape from here on out. The scale might not change and I can't be so focus on that or else I'll lose all motivation! lol.

There you have it...my very long update. I hope to be able to share a weekly update from here on out. Always remember what works for one person, might not work for another person. The goal is to find what works for you!

"Don't let the scale define you. Active! Healthy! Happy!"

No comments