Fruit Shakes

Last week I started a low calorie diet. I've done low calorie diets before and it worked for me, so with my brother's wedding not too far away, I figured it was time to try something! What I'm doing is keeping track of my calories through an app on my phone called "S Health." I signed up, entered my information and it basically told me that I wasn't going to eat more then 1500 calories a day.


After googling and searching on pinterest, I got a list of meals, snacks and drinks to help me stay in check and still enjoy the foods I love. What I decided to do to help myself was to pack the veggies/fruits for my shakes in zip-lock bags for each day. That way I can just grab, toss and blend before heading off to work each morning. This leave no room for excuses of running late in the mornings.

I added a little twist to my shakes...Vitamin Water Zero! They have a good source of vitamins and they added a little more flavor to the shakes, so I just decided to try it.

Fruit Shake Mix

1 cup of spinach
1/3-1/2 cup of Blueberries
1/2 of a Banana
1/3 cup of Vitamin Water Zero


1 cup of Spinach
1/3-1/2 cup of Strawberries
1/2 of a Banana
1/3 cup of Vitamin Water Zero


Ready to store!


The shake is around 130 calories (according to my app).
I drink one every morning for breakfast and it keep me satisfied until lunch!




My Ninja has a single serve cup where I can blend the shake and add the drinking lid to take on the go with me. I also have a Sharper Imagine personal blender that cost $20 from Marshall's and it works pretty good. In case your looking for a cheaper option for a single serve/personal blender, any $20 will work fine. 

No comments