Mushroom Spaghetti

It seems like even though I don't necessarily love mushrooms, I keep trying it out in my recipes. Today I have another mushroom recipe to share. I kinda came up with it on my own since I was making my husband spaghetti for dinner, I didn't want to eat the pasta and I was trying to decide what I could replace it with for. I happen to have mushrooms in the fridge so I thought I'd try it out.

Ingredients:
  • 12 oz sliced mushrooms
  • 1/2 Chopped Onion (Or to preference)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp Cilantro, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup of Spaghetti Sauce
  • 1/4 or 1/3 cup Mozzarella Cheese
  • Mrs.Dash ( I used Original Blend), salt and fresh pepper
Directions:
Heat oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 1 minute. Add the sliced mushrooms, seasoning, salt and pepper and sauté about 2 minutes. Toss in the cilantro and cook for another 3 mins. Add spaghetti sauce, let it simmer and warm up. Serve and top with cheese.

Notes: 
You can use 2 cloves of garlic instead of onions and Parsley instead of Cilantro. You can also mix sausage or ground to the Spaghetti Sauce.






I also got my juices prepped for this week. Everything stayed the same, except this week I added Parsley to each pack! What are the benefits of adding Parsley to your diet?

  • Parsley is rich in many vital vitamins, including Vitamin C,  B 12, K and A. This means parsley keeps your immune system strong, tones your bones and heals the nervous system, too.
  • It helps flush out excess fluid from the body, thus supporting kidney function. However, the herb contains oxalates, which can cause problems for those with existing kidney and gall bladder problems.
  • Regular use of parsley can help control your blood pressure. The folic acid in this herb is like a tonic for your heart.
  • Parsley essential oil, when massaged into the scalp, may reduce hair loss.
  • Use parsley daily, and you’ll feel relief from joint pain. That’s because the herb has anti-inflammatory properties.
  • Parsley tea relaxes stiff muscles and encourages digestion.
  • Studies indicate that parsley—especially its essential oil—may have a role in inhibiting cancerous tumors. In fact, scientists have billed it a ‘chemoprotective’ food.



2 comments

PJ Flores said...

I see you snuck a pic of a Prego jar in there! Trying to tell us something??

Adrienne said...

@Pj, hahaha...very funny!