Birth Story.



(*This is the edited and brief version of what I remember during the birth of our son.)
On Wednesday, September 16,
we walked into the hospital to be induced and not knowing what to expect, I was very nervous. Induction began around 11:00 p.m. and there wasn't much progression all night. As you can imagine, I slept very little that night with light contractions, the monitors ringing all night and my wonderful nurse coming in every 2 hours to check on me. The next morning my midwife came in, I can't remember what time it was but I was only 3 centimeters dilated, she suggested starting Pitocin. And so they did and contractions started picking up. By 3:00 p.m. I had only dilated to 4 centimeters, so once again my midwife made another suggestion and my water was broken. Right after that is when the intense full blow contractions began. I can't remember how far apart they were but what I do know is that I had an amazing team helping me breathe through each one. I didn't realize how important it would be to have each one of these people in the room with me. Even during labor I knew that I couldn't even make it through the next contraction without them there coaching me. Around 5:00 p.m. I needed another way to keep going through the contractions, so my nurse started the tub and I labored in there for about an hour. I had read all these great things about how this is another form of a natural epidural so I was really looking forward to experiencing that for myself. The water was amazing at the beginning and it did help ease some of the pain, but the contractions had reach such an intense level that I started feeling a little dizzy and I was worried I'd pass out. My nurse suggested I get out so they could hook me up to the oxygen machine that was next to my bed. Quickly between contractions I got out of the tub and walked straight to my bed only to experience even harder contractions as soon as I sat on the bed. My midwife comes in to check and I am at 7 centimeters. Thank God, labor is progressing well. I am getting ready for the next contraction when all the sudden my body starts pushing. I shout out that I'm going to start pushing but my Mom tells me it's not time to push. "Don't push!" Next contraction, my body is pushing and I cannot stop it so they call the nurse and my midwife comes back to check and I am at 10 centimeters and she say, "Start pushing!" It's amazing how the body just knows what to do. I completely surrendered myself to what my body was telling me and allowed it to push. What felt like an eternity of pushes, turned out to be only 30 minutes and there he was. Our little baby was born. The most amazing sigh of relief. The feeling of wow I did it. I actually did it. I carried this precious being for 9 whole months.
So, this is love.


On September 17, 2015 at 6:31 p.m. our most
desired prayer arrived and placed on my chest.








5 comments

rebecca heredia said...

Aaaw what a precious baby and way to go you did it now the sleepless nights began but all worth it congrats to you both

Hanna said...

This is beautiful! I got the chills reading it:) congratulations !

Mary Frances said...

Awwww congrats!!! Can't wait to see him!!!

Adrienne said...

Thank you Ladies :)

Flor Garcia said...

God is good, all the changes our bodies go through to bring a lil guy into this word is amazing. Next time you'll know more or less what to expect for no pregnancies are the same. Lol remember the question I recently asked you, rest up my Sister!